The NiceJob App is enabled and activated through the Intercom App store. If you don’t already have an Intercom account, you can sign up here for a 14-day free trial.
What is Intercom?
Intercom is a conversational relationship platform to help businesses build customer relationships through personalized, messenger-based experiences.
They provide a messaging tool for businesses to engage visitors on their website or app with targeted sales messages or marketing offers, product-onboarding tours and personalized support by a human and/or a bot.
NiceJob uses Intercom. Click the blue button in the bottom-right corner of your screen to see how we use it.
How to connect the NiceJob App in Intercom
- Be sure to have an active NiceJob Reviews account on the Standard Plan and an active Intercom account on any plan. If you don't have a NiceJob account yet, you can go to our website and sign up for a free 14-day trial. 😃
- Within your Intercom account, navigate to the Intercom App Store by clicking on the App Store icon in the bottom-left corner of the Intercom dashboard, or by clicking here.
- Search for NiceJob and click the “Install Now” button on the right side of the screen and follow the instructions.
- Once the NiceJob App has been installed, open a conversation in your Intercom Inbox and click the “Customize” button under the Conversation Details on the right side of the screen.
- Click “Show More” to see the options and select NiceJob from the list of available Apps. This will allow you to see valuable NiceJob information in your conversations.
How the NiceJob App works
The NiceJob app is the easiest way to invite your contacts to leave a review or recommend their friends without leaving Intercom! 😃
Upon connecting NiceJob in Intercom, NiceJob will automatically import your customer contact information and conversations so you can track customer events and trigger review requests manually.
NiceJob will also import any new conversation events in the future so you can see customer interactions through Intercom in the customer’s profile in the People tab in NiceJob.
Quickly send review and recommendation invites in any Intercom conversation or series with just two clicks. Simply click the NiceJob logo in the message box and choose whether you’d like to send a Review request, a Recommendation request or both.
With the NiceJob App visible in the Conversation Details section, you can instantly see:
- How many reviews and what ratings a contact has left.
- If a contact has ever recommended you to a friend, and if so, the contact information of that person.
- Whether or not a contact is currently enrolled in a NiceJob Reviews or Recommendation campaign.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I think the connection is not working?
Just email us at email@example.com or click the blue chat icon in the NiceJob App and let us know! We'll work with you to test it and make sure you're up and running. 😊
How do I remove the connection?
To disconnect the NiceJob App in Intercom, navigate to the App Store and select “Your installed Apps” under the “Manage” sub-header. Click on the NiceJob App and then click the “Uninstall” button in red on the bottom-right side of the window.
Or you can disconnect it from within NiceJob by navigating to the “Apps” menu in “Product Settings.” Click on the “Manage” button beside Intercom and then click the “disconnect” button.
Upon disconnection, NiceJob will no longer receive conversation events or any customers or leads that come in through Intercom.
How do I prevent invites from being sent to certain customers?
NiceJob doesn’t send any review or recommendation requests automatically with the NiceJob App. The process is still currently manual (updates coming soon), but the App does make it much easier to send those review requests from within Intercom or NiceJob with a simple click of the mouse.
Can I just bring over my contacts from Intercom to NiceJob and manually send the invites out?
Yes, absolutely! NiceJob will import all customer info found within Intercom at the time of the connection and will import any new customers as you add them into Intercom.
All review requests are still triggered manually for the time being unless an automated review request is sent by one of the other integrations that you have enabled in NiceJob.
Does Intercom send employee data to NiceJob so my reviews can get automatically attributed to the right employee?
Yes! Along with the conversation event, you’ll see who sent the review request so you can attribute each review received to the employee within the Employee Leaderboard in NiceJob’s Insights tab.
Is the NiceJob App free?
Yes, there is no cost to enable and activate the NiceJob App in Intercom. We just love making your lives easier and our platform better!